Saturday, February 22, 2014

how can i make my laptop faster for video editing?




Jed Paul


I have a Satellite A665-S5186 http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/A660/A665-S5186/
and i love editing videos,
the problem is that i have to adjust the video quality to the lowest possible to simply PREVIEW my video that im editing. i cannot put it in the best quality or else it will run very very slow. and i mean VERY slow. so i leave it on the lowest quality possible.
does anyone know what i can do or BUY atleast to make it run faster???
Model - Satellite A665
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5
CPU M 480
2.67GHz 2.66 ghZ
Installed Memory - 4.00 GB 2.92 GB usable)
System Type - 64 Bit operating system
i also know i shouldnt be editing videos on a latptop. my dad has a mac but i cant download sony vegas with it.
And he gave me this laptop as a gift...i dont have money to buy a new one. hopefully i can buy something to make it room smooth and enough to edit my videos till i can buy a new and legit video editing computer



Answer
Without a doubt, upgrade your RAM: 16GB for preference, 8GB if that is all you can afford

In terms of your GFX card - a GPU is useful when you want to render, but has limited use on simple playback functionality, so I would wait before upgrading that. A video card is a better way to go, but not really worth it if you are only editing video that is destined for the web.

You want to store your operating system and your editing software on a separate drive, so if you don't have one already, get a separate physical drive onto which you store all your video media. Seriously - keeping your application and OS on the same drive as your media is looking for trouble. If this drive has to be an external, look at a Firewire connection as a minimum, if not USB 3. Tops would be Thunderbolt, but I doubt that your laptop has that.

I hope this helps.

What would be the best laptop for video editing?




Joe E


I know this is a very general question, but in your opinion, what would be the best laptop for under $1300 that is good for video editing (I would also use it for school work, web browsing, movies and music)?
But couldn't I get a much better quality laptop with much better components thats not a mac for cheaper?



Answer
Well, I hear a lot of good about Apple, and I am sure they are good for video editing, but Mac's are generally expensive.

If you prefer to get a PC, I know the perfect one for you. It's an HP Pavilion dv6000 (also called the "HP Pavilion Entertainment PC"). It cost me $1209 with all tax, but included a free HP all-in-one printer (scanner, etc). There are many free inclusive programs. There is this one called Cyberlink Power Producer, it is by far the best I've used yet. I made a full DVD for my friend's birthday, with content about her. It has a full DVD menu, custom background of her & me, and I chose which scene I want on each page, and the style of buttons, etc. I even have background music on the menu. It allows me to make scenes, add subtitles, add transition effects, add audio, add music, add video, pictures, etc. You can even add effects such as snowfall, water rippling, and much much more. You can capture content directly from the program, as there is a built in webcam & microphones. You can even capture content from video cameras that are attached to the comp, it automatically detects theme. I honestly love this computer, and I look forward to producing even more videos. Even if you are just doing something simple, it can do it. It can extract audio from video too. Also, you can save as many file types, depending on what you are making (DVD video, data disc, etc.)

And the laptop has 250GB hard drive, and 3GM RAM, never lags, runs smooth. Also has a fingerprint scanner, works amazingly. My HP laptop is intended for my next 5 years of university, so I do expect it to last :) And it has many free programs, I still haven't tried them all yet.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can i make my laptop faster for video editing?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment