Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Can I change the refresh rate on a laptop with 2 displays?




snorkersd


I have a Samsung Monitor hooked up to a HP latop using the extended display function so I can work on both screens.

Now i know the refresh rate on the laptop display can only be 60Hz, but is there a way to increase the refresh rate on the external Samsung monitor to 75Hz or even 100Hz?

Thx



Answer
Only if the monitor supports that refresh rate, and your video card can run different refresh rates on different monitors at the same time. If both screens are on at the same time, I suspect you will be somewhat limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two displays....

EDIT: I tried it with my 4870x2 video card and two displays, I can have one display at 60Hz, the other at 75Hz, so yes, it can be done - depending on video card...

Rate my laptop specs, please?




Brandyn


I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L840/02P. The specifications can be found at http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l840/psk8la-02p007/specifications
What's your evaluation of this computer (for gaming, video editing, etc.)?



Answer
I do not know much about what video editing needs so I will rate each important component to the best of my ability (may be wrong).

CPU: I'm assuming 3.1 is overclocked and 2.5 is regular. I did research and it is dual core, which makes it slightly worse but for a laptop 7/10.
RAM: 8GB. Should be sufficient for almost anything so 9/10
Storage: Depends. Are you going to have a lot of stuff. 9/10
Graphics: AMD RADEON 7670M HD: Believe it or not i have this graphics card as one of my two, the other being INTEL HD4000 (which is meh). The AMD one (imo) is really good. I can run practically every game I have (skyrim in medium settings with 60 fps). I would give it an 8/10.

It is a good thing that this is Windows 7 if you game a lot because windows 8 has some compatibility problems. I personally do have windows 8 but I do not see them, but some people would argue compatibility problems exist.

In total: ~8-8.5/10. I have similar specs to which you have (ram and gpu) For gaming, you should be able to run 90% of games today with some exceptions. I do not know much about editing but it would probably be fine for that too. Hope I helped. Sorry for lots of text (I get bored)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I change the refresh rate on a laptop with 2 displays?
Rating: 97% based on 975 ratings. 4,7 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment